It has been done.
Our favorite little equines are now available for Garrys mod. These are based on KP-ShadowSquirrels models, for those of you that remember that.
The readme is copy pasted after the break!
Thanks to Oogaboogaman for bringing them to us!
The download link is here!
GARRYS MOD SERVER Thanks to our bros at the MLP steam group:
220.127.116.11:27016 - MLP: Friendship is Magic - #3 RP 24/7
(Uhh hope it doesn't crash!)
Pack includes the mane six and Derpy.
Please DO NOT upload this anywhere else. It is best to keep this model pack local and not on file sites like garrysmod.org, Toybox, or some forums. That includes possible skins too.
Some sites wish to not have any pony content on there, so it's best to ask there first before posting.
Extract to garrysmod/garrysmod/. Spawn the models under the "browse" feature in the spawn menu, look for the folder called MLPPack.
The models feature:
- Face posing
- Eye posing (best used with the eye poser tool's "look at me" function (right click on model))
- 2 versions (one with an outline and one without)
- Separate open-winged and close-winged models
Things to note:
- The outlines break dynamic shadows (e.g. with the lamp tool on the model.) This is because of the way the outlines are made on the model. I cannot fix this.
- The model does freak out and go crazy sometimes. I do believe it is the result of having 30ish bones cramped into a small body.
- These models are kind of hard to pose, due to having a lot of flexibility because of how animated the cartoon ponies are. I find it best by using the head to position the model first before moving other limbs.
Original models and textures by KP-ShadowSquirrel
High resolution cutie marks by MaximillianVeers
Colours and references provided by Egophiliac
Other references and resources provided by Edef
Derpy, rigging, smoothing, shaders and whatnot by Oogaboogaman
Base models were originally downloaded at: http://kp-shadowsquirrel.