The march of progress on our mobile app ticks on! I've come to the conclusion that I'm not sure how our developer Leon does it- having a full-time job coding things (which we both do) only to come home and code something else would probably kill me. So go tell him he's neat.
As many of you have noticed, iOS 7 has been officially released, so what better excuse for an update to both versions of our mobile app? The Android version and the iOS version have been bumped up to version 1.2, and as of this post both are available in their respective stores. In this version you can expect changes like these:
- Android 4.3 compatibility
- iOS 7 user interface support
- iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C support
- 64-bit support for iPhone 5S devices
- Support for iOS 5 dropped (the iOS version of the app can only be run on iOS 6 and up from this version and onward. iOS 5 users (which is 2% of all iOS users) should still be able to download a older version from the app store
- Spoilers filter has been changed to a Season 4 filter
- Non-fanfiction category has been removed (because of the removal of the button from the site)
- Segmented post navigation. So no more popups to reach the comment or info section (iOS , Android )
- Reload buttons have been replaced with a "Pull down to refresh" mechanism for the post lists
As always, if you have any suggestions or problems with this latest update, leave a comment below. Leon will be going through everything and making notes for fixes and features, like he always does. We want to make this app awesome, and this is how you can help!