Bronies For Good is back with a call to action for their sixth Seeds of Kindness charity album. They need musicians to sign up and help get the ball rolling for the sake of battling Malaria!
Head on down below the break for information on how you can sign up.
Charity Album: Seeds of Kindness: A Change of Heart
Calling all musicians! Bronies for Good is pleased to announce its sixth Seeds of Kindness charity album, A Change of Heart.
Since our conception, Bronies for Good has raised over $200,000 for various impactful charity projects. We could not have accomplished this without the creative contributions of the fandom’s many talented musicians and artists, and the generosity of thousands of fans who want to make the world a better place. Thank you.
Our new fundraiser will launch in February, along with the album, and funds will benefit the highly effective prevention program of the Against Malaria Foundation.
The Seeds of Kindness albums showcase the work of producers who have contributed their time and skills towards creating music for the pony community. These albums encompass genres from dance, to orchestral, to ska, to rock, to 80s metal, to hip-hop, and include contributions from musicians such as EileMonty, Feather, Forest Rain, So Great and Powerful, Cyril the Wolf, Rhyme Flow, and Carbon Maestro. You can download our previous releases from our fundraiser page.
Our new album continues to promote the timeless theme of last year’s album: global empathy. The concept of global empathy is oft misunderstood because it is a very dry term for a profoundly personal and emotional process. Humans are instinctively compassionate; upon witnessing the suffering of sentient beings, we are motivated with a desire to help alleviate said suffering. Regardless of race, background, or country, we care and seek to do our best to help those in need.
However, everyone’s awareness has limitations. The modern world is fast-paced, and the suffering of others, can all too often seem abstract, especially when it is very far away. It takes work to both remain aware, and to keep one’s heart from becoming jaded.
A Change of Heart is all about overcoming those obstacles, as individuals, and as a people.
Over 200 million people contract malaria every year, the death toll is equivalent to half a dozen plane crashes every day, and many who survive are locked in poverty due to expensive treatments. It is a permanent catastrophe.
It is also easily preventable.
The Against Malaria Foundation https://www.againstmalaria.com/ stands out in particular because of its strong track record and commitment to efficiency, program monitoring, and transparency. As malaria-infected mosquitoes mostly bite at night, it can be prevented with cheap, long-lasting insecticidal nets. As little as $3 buys a net that will protect two people for three to four years and contribute to the permanent elimination of the disease. The efficiency of this form of intervention has been thoroughly proven.
Instructions for Musicians
Soft deadline: 15th December 2016
Hard deadline: 15th January 2017
Release date: 11th February 2017
What to Submit
- Pony and non-pony songs are equally welcome.
- No copyrighted material can be used, and we cannot accept entries that remix, sample, or cover the show, either. (Sorry!)
- Submitting a remix requires the permission of whomever owns the rights to the original material.
- Collabs are encouraged!
- Tone. There is no genre restriction besides common sense. Don’t make anything angry, creepy, or overly depressing, (but emotional is fine), and your song should have no problem fitting in.
- Length. There is no set length restriction. Long songs are just as welcome as shorter pieces are. However, the length of the song must be appropriate to what your song is seeking to accomplish. Don’t stretch or loop your song solely to fit a given length. This was perhaps the most common issue with submissions to previous albums.
- Number of Submissions. You can submit as many songs as you want (within reason). Two songs from the same artist can get in without any problem, but over that number (not counting collabs), we might only take the best two of them.
How to Submit
Please use this submission form https://goo.gl/forms/9W62hXZIRZHoLTl92 to submit your song. If you have any trouble, please email us at [email protected], and we will help you out (Please don’t include attachments in the email, thanks).
Things You Should Know
- For the sake of musicians who submit their songs early, there is a set release date.
- We recommend that you submit before the “soft deadline” so we can still give feedback on tracks that are close to making the cut.
- You may release your song as soon as the album is out, but please link the fundraiser instead of a direct MP3 download.
- We will continue to trust our fans to donate to download the album.
- You can upload your song on YouTube when the album is released, but please do not make your song public until the release date, (thank you). However, feel free to upload previews or ask for feedback!
If you have any questions, you can email us at [email protected] or join our official Skype group using the following link: https://join.skype.com/J0yuJVfJyRpm