Midnight Shadow here, on the moon again.
Actually, about that. I was recently accused of a heinous crime, the crime of stealing Luna's muffin from the breakroom. There will be no further comment on this tale of confectionary confiscation but appeasement will be necessary before I can once again breathe the sweet air of Canterlot and trot through the halls of Equestria Daily.
So, here's where you come in - yes, you!
Event rules after the break!
We want you to write some fanfics, but not just any fanfics - we need happy fanfics wherein is a happy Luna. Being happy.
The plot can be about anything, include anypony, it doesn't even need to have Luna as the mane characters - but she does have to play a major part. She can be sneaky, adorable, sock-wearing, pranky or sassy. She can be on the moon, in orbit or in Ponyville - it's up to you! The only other stipulation is it must have, as a part of the story, at least one of the following:
Lines of Dialogue:
- "I hate socks."
- "I can still fix it!"
- "It. Is. ON."
- "Don't give me that look."
Scenes or Situations:
- Best night ever
- Covered in tree sap
- Pinkie Pie throws Luna a party
- Two (or more) ponies racing
- A miscommunication causes problems
- Luna baking
- A bunny stampede
It can have any one or a multiple of the above - bonus points for more than one!
You can write any sort of story that suits you, from Random to Silly to Adventure to Shipping - the only exception may be Grimdark, but if you think you can pull off a feel-good Grimdark then my hat is off to you.
* Happy Luna! Sad Luna need not apply!
* 3500 words minimum, excluding the title and any author's notes.
* Deadline: Sunday August 14 at 11:59 PST.
* Bonus points for it being episodic - something you'd like to see in season 2+ - but don't let that hamper your creative spirit!
* make sure it has at least one of the scenes, situations or lines of dialogue.
* If it needs heavy editing, it may not be accepted. You're allowed to send updated versions up to the deadline, but re-reading a fanfic several times does not a fun experience make. Perfection isn't required, but please make sure it's ready.
* All other usual rules of submission to EqD apply.
* All accepted entries will be posted.
* The top three will be listed in order with a short review of said fics, in their own posts!
Email all entries to: Midnightshadowpony@gmail.com with HAPPY LUNA in the Subject line, using this template:
1.) Grimdark/Normal/Crossover/Random/Shipping/Sad/Comedy/Sci-fi Tag
3.) A Description of the Story
4.) Link (Docs/DA/Fanfiction.net)
5.) Characters in the story
6.) 5 Words you would use to describe your story
7.) Author Name
Complete stories ONLY
They will be judged by a specially prepared batch of eager minions and the winning fics will be posted for the world to see by August 19th!
PS: If there are any issues, let me know in comments and I'll do what I can to help.