[Normal] (Nathan !!eFuOgyMIEPo) over at /co/ finished his Porcelain Secrets Fanfic. Nothing gross here! Check it out if you are into Applebloom or Spike!
Porcelain Secrets Part 1
Porcelain Secrets Part 2
Porcelain Secrets Part 3
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
As many of you have probably heard, McDonalds is releasing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic toys starting officially on January 21, 2011. This isn't a strict release date like most things, so some restaurants are already handing them out.
As you can probably see from the image, the following ponies will be available.
- Applejack (still no hat)
- Rainbowdash (with orange and yellow hair, lolwut)
- Celestia (pink...yes pink...)
- Twilight Sparkle
- Pinkie Pie (who despite being the most animated in the show, is standing completely still, unposed)
- Cherilee (The School Teacher from Call of the Cutie, Yah, I don't get it either, Where is Trixie/Zecora/Spike/Luna?)
The toys themselves vary in price when bought at McDonalds directly, anywhere from $1.00 to $2.50, depending on where you live.*edit* Apparently it depends on the MANAGER of the McDonalds when it comes to prices, as well as if they will lie and say they don't have them all in stock or not. It is recommended that you visit the McDonalds during a time when they will most likely be empty (Early Morning or Late night)
Bronies on /co/ have suggested various methods of acquiring the ponies, while avoiding embarrassment. Here are a few you might want to try.
- Pose as a collector, ask the clerk for a list of the current toys, and then say you want the entire set and maybe 1 or 2 from the current boys section to look more legit.
- Go in looking like a hipster, with makeup and shit. They are used to weirdos like that. It's almost like wearing a disguise.
- Apparently McDonalds throws away boxes of unsold toys after they rotate out, so you can always dive the dumpsters and pray once ponies are rotated out.
- Ebay. There are already full sets up there for 12 bucks last time I checked. With shipping you will probably drop around 15-17 for all of them.
- Go in with a Hoodie on and walk like a gangster. Look all suspicious and have a hand in one pocket at all times like you are holding a knife. No one will give you any shit when you ask for ponies.
- Have a female friend buy them for you.
- Go in with a group of like minded individuals and act like buying them is a joke for one of your other friends birthday parties.
Hopefully you can find a way that works best for you!
Everything goes to Sethisto@gmail.com
Please reference THIS POST (<--CLICK HERE) for email instructions
NEW: Please include an image with your story submission if possible!
Multi-part Stories: ~3000+ Words minimum for the initial upload, 2000+ Per Extra Chapter
One-Shot completed Stories: ~2500+ Words minimum.
Please Have someone edit your stories before you send them! The pre-readers are not editors, and will send it to the moon Celestia style if it's a mess.
Quick Fanfic Guide for getting a quick response from pre-readers
- option 1 => Write your piece in UK English.
- option 2 => Write your piece in American English.
- mandatory => Take a new paragraph for a new character speaking
- option 1 => Indent new paragraphs
- option 2 => Leave an empty line between paragraphs
- option 3 => Do both of the above, which is my preferred method
- option 1 => Leave an empty line between scene changes
- option 2 => Put in a blank line, or a series of "===" or "---" or similar mark between them. This is the preferred method.
- mandatory => If a name has an official spelling, go with that!
- mandatory => Some of the names aren't written, but check the Pony Wiki for correct, agreed upon, spelling!
- exception to mandatory rule => One wiki has "Apple Bloom", but some people prefer "Applebloom" as her sister is "Applejack". "AppleBloom" is just wrong, as is "Apple bloom".
- mandatory => If a background pony doesn't have an official name then please try to follow the generally agreed fanon names. You don't HAVE to, but if you start bringing up a mint-coloured pony with a lyre cutie mark who hangs around with Bon-Bon, when the readers find out you've named her "Strum Awesomeposture" they'll be mildly cheesed off.
General Tips:-Self inserts/OC ponies are generally frowned upon by the community as a whole, but some of the best stories on the site have an all OC pony cast, so when done right, it's fine.
-Don't give up if people trash it. Anon comments are enabled here, so people tend to say whats on their mind.
-No porn/gore. Shipping on the other hand is all good.
-Cupcakes Sequels and Cupcakes alternate endings go to the Cupcakes post!
-Don't send OC ponies
I miss a lot of news, so it's a huge help when you guys send me something newsworthy. I honestly dont mind if 300 people send me the same news, just go for it!
Please don't send download links though. Upload your stuff to somewhere to stream/play directly.
Where do I send it?
Now that you have an image/fic/news topic you want added to the blog that I missed, here is where to put it!
Email it to Me
Hopefully this clears up any of the questions/concerns people have! I will of course scour archives myself for anything cool as well, so you might not have to submit your stuff at all!