As many of you have probably heard, McDonalds is releasing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic toys starting officially on January 21, 2011. This isn't a strict release date like most things, so some restaurants are already handing them out.
As you can probably see from the image, the following ponies will be available.
- Applejack (still no hat)
- Rainbowdash (with orange and yellow hair, lolwut)
- Celestia (pink...yes pink...)
- Twilight Sparkle
- Pinkie Pie (who despite being the most animated in the show, is standing completely still, unposed)
- Cherilee (The School Teacher from Call of the Cutie, Yah, I don't get it either, Where is Trixie/Zecora/Spike/Luna?)
The toys themselves vary in price when bought at McDonalds directly, anywhere from $1.00 to $2.50, depending on where you live.*edit* Apparently it depends on the MANAGER of the McDonalds when it comes to prices, as well as if they will lie and say they don't have them all in stock or not. It is recommended that you visit the McDonalds during a time when they will most likely be empty (Early Morning or Late night)
Bronies on /co/ have suggested various methods of acquiring the ponies, while avoiding embarrassment. Here are a few you might want to try.
- Pose as a collector, ask the clerk for a list of the current toys, and then say you want the entire set and maybe 1 or 2 from the current boys section to look more legit.
- Go in looking like a hipster, with makeup and shit. They are used to weirdos like that. It's almost like wearing a disguise.
- Apparently McDonalds throws away boxes of unsold toys after they rotate out, so you can always dive the dumpsters and pray once ponies are rotated out.
- Ebay. There are already full sets up there for 12 bucks last time I checked. With shipping you will probably drop around 15-17 for all of them.
- Go in with a Hoodie on and walk like a gangster. Look all suspicious and have a hand in one pocket at all times like you are holding a knife. No one will give you any shit when you ask for ponies.
- Have a female friend buy them for you.
- Go in with a group of like minded individuals and act like buying them is a joke for one of your other friends birthday parties.
Hopefully you can find a way that works best for you!