Ponychats has completed their August art compilation! You can find all of their entries on their art blog here!
If you are bored after the training grounds with nothing to draw, head on down past the break for this month's prompt!
Welcome to the #EquestriaDailyArt pepetual monthly art challenge! What it is? It’s name is pretty much an explanation for the whole idea - every single month we pick up a theme or a topic for the challenge for all of you, creative bronies, to work with and produce art in accord to the chosen topic. At the end of the month a general vote is held to pick the best work of the month and the author of the chosen work became the winner - fame, glory, applause and adoration of the groupies are the benefits... as much as a true prize in form of brand new Wacom Bamboo Gen3 Small! Amongst other prizes that is, provided entirely by anonymous sources for the benefits of bronydom! So don’t slack off, take your pencils, pens and other tools of trade and Get To Work!
September 2012 Challenge
And we move to the fourth~! This time something with more, how to type it... Artistic Freedom. Everyone loves Nightmare Moon, Discord is considered to totally rocks and Chrysalis is just lovely to behold, right? Well, season three is coming with huge steps, so why won’t we realese the hounds and cry havoc and ask our glorious artists to go totally whack and draw a fourth villain? Yes. That’s it. We won’t tell you what it should be, how it should look and what powers it would possess. Total freedom... What are we looking for? Something that will suit the show setting, something unique and with totally rad idea behind it. Make your villain really stand out of the crowd of them baddies! G
About the artwork
1. Artwork must not exceed 1000 x 1000 pixels.
2. Artwork must be either in JPG or PNG format. Vectors can be send as AI or EPS.
3. Artwork file must be named after the author - nickname or real name, it does not matter, but any artwork that will not be named after its author will NOT be participating in a challenge.
Rules of submission
- To participate in the challenge you must send a proper art to the contest. You can send the file either by mail (email@example.com) or simply adding it to our Flickr Group Pool.
- Keep it PG-13! No gore, excessive violence, sexual content.
- It goes without saying that the art you send must be yours! If we find out that you tried to submit a stolen art, you will be disqualified from the challenge... Forever!
- You can send only /one/ art per challenge - so with all this time really try your best to make it gorgeus!
- The challenge start with the first day of the month and end at 23:59 GMT time of the last day of the month.
- Rule of Bronies! If you won the challenge already and now won it again, instead of getting a second tablet (since you already got one, greedypants!) winner will choose any of the participants that did not win any challenges yet to receive the prize.